Last week, markets digested inflation data, FOMC minutes, a new Middle East conflict, and the first round of earnings.
It took the news in stride but failed to move significantly in either direction.
On Friday, the indexes settled mixed with a bearish tilt. This close came after a green open…
- Dow Jones +0.1%
- Nasdaq -1.2%
- S&P 500 -0.5%
- Russell 2000 -0.8%
Sector Round Up
The indexes split, too. 6 of the 11 sectors closed red. But the biggest move was green.
At the top…
- Energy (XLE) +2.2%
- Utilities (XLU) +1.1%
- Consumer Staples (XLP) +0.9%
At the bottom…
- Communications (XLC) -1.1%
- Technology (XLK) -1.4%
- Consumer Discretionary (XLY) -1.5%
The S&P 500 is nearing our buy zone…
Selloffs are typically violent. Last week’s weakness was gentle.
Our analysis suggests this dip will be short-lived. We are adding to our seasonal swing positions.
Your latest readout…
This week, earnings season kicks into high gear. Here are the top names to watch…
- Bank of America (BAC) reports Tuesday premarket
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Tuesday premarket
- Tesla (TSLA^) Wednesday after-hours
- Netflix (NFLX^) Wednesday after-hours
- American Express (AXP) Friday premarket